Saturday, December 12, 2009

Princess and the Frog - No Spoilers, don't worry

okay, before i make my statement, i must let you know that these are only words of my own opinion. which is...something that you can decide either to take it, or leave it. i have to say this first because unfortunately, people these days tend to take everything seriously and personally, so, i believe it is best to remind everyone before i go into details. if you disagree, it's okay, just put out a statement and i will be professional enough to listen/read your point of view. you don't need to give a professional opinion, just...anything that you disagree with and you have your own reason. no matter how silly it sounds, it still an opinion and i believe in respecting other people's opinion...which basically people rarely do these days too.

* * *

Today i watched Disney's Princess and the Frog with my sister and her two daughters. I missed the intro...sadly, there were lots of obstacles to get to the cinema...seriously. The movie starts at 11am but my sis actually moved out from the house at 10am! Then, as usually, traffic in Rawang. We actually reached @ 1utama on time, but Mimi vomited inside the car, then there was some problem at the ticketing kiosk. I can't get the ticket, but when go to the counter the booking ID was valid. =.= and the cue to buy pop corns.....after all that...we went inside at 1115. And when we were there, there were people seating at our seats!!! Waiting for them to get their butts off took like a few minutes...so we were like standing in the dark in front of everyone else for a few minutes before those people get up with the speed of a snail! Haihz~~ but after all that, I manage to watch the movie peacefully. What I think of the movie? I think it's great that Disney brings back a 2-D movie with lots of music and talking animals. The music is very nice, lots of variety. Although I must say, this is not the best of Disney's Classic (obviously...) but at least there is a new addition to the Disney's Princess collection. And I like it that Disney still keep the two glittering stars in the sky of every night...the wishing star (when you wish upon the star) or the Neverland star (second star to the right and straight on till morning). There's nothing much to say of this movie. It's a good way to remind yourself of the good old days during our childhood days where the cartoons are in 2-D with lots of colours and songs and talking animals! Hihihi...however, I did lost my concentration for awhile somewhere in the middle, probably because of the kids around and Mimi that keeps asking questions. But, again, it didn't really reach my expectation. I didn't get that "wow" feel in the end. Unlike other Disney's Classic such Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan or Aladdin. That's my problem, when a movie such as this comes out, my expectation will be high...or maybe a little too high. That's why I rarely get that "wow" feeling every time I watched a movie. Because, I don't just simply watch movie, I'm very picky of which movie I want to watch at the cinema. Hihi...ask Teddy, I'm always the one who choose which movie to watch every time we want to watch something. And when I choose, the expectation will be very high, which in the end rarely get to that expectation. And sometimes, there are movies that goes beyond my expectation. Like, I didn't expect it to be that good but it turns out to be more than I expected...such as Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium and also, the first chapter of Lord of the Rings, which is The Fellowship of the Rings. When it first comes out, I know it'll be good...but I didn't expect it to be THAT good, which is why I became an instant fan of LOTR...but shamefully, I never really manage to read the books though...I tried...but it took me weeks to finish the "Prologue" chapter. Then, I sort of give up when I got busy with other things. Well, back to the topic...this movie didn't reach my "high expectation" but it was actually very enjoyable. I actually literally danced to one of the songs from the movie. lolx...the rhythm was very nice that me and Mimi began to move around with the song. rofl. Which is why it is very enjoyable to watch, especially if you watch it with lots of friends or family. And...if I am to rate this movie from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best...I give this movie a 6 ;)
Photobucket

No comments: