Thursday, October 07, 2010

I don't want it to change

I read an article from here

about Sabah and Sarawak standing as their own states and not part of Malaysia anymore. From the article, it's the Sabahans and the Sarawakians that want to be free of Malaysia. I know I always said that we need to respect what other people want for their life, what they think best. However, I don't like the idea...I mean, I REALLY don't like the idea. If they pull themselves out of Malaysia as early as Singapore did, then it might not be that big of a deal since Malaysia just got its independence at that time and still sorting the rules and nationality and stuff. But now, it's just sad. I have so many friends from Sabah and Sarawak...on top of that...I am IN A RELATIONSHIP with a Sabahan for crying out loud. What happen if Sabah and Sarawak no longer part of Malaysia? What happen to those who live and work here for many years? Will their nationality change immediately? Will they need visa to keep on working here in the peninsular area? What about my friends who study here? Can they still learn here? Or do they need to apply for student visa? What about money currency? Will that change too? What about the people from peninsular who study in Sabah or Sarawak? What about those who already bound in marriage? Can they just choose their nationality then? If the nationality need to be changed, what if the parents want to stay as Sabahan or Sarawakian but the child who study here in the peninsular want to stay as Malaysian? Will there be conflict? Will there be strikes among people? Will there be fights? I don't like it...I don't like it at all. Will all the Sabahans and Sarawakians in peninsular be sent back to Sabah and Sarawak? And will the people from peninsular who study/work in Sabah and Sarawak be sent back here? Some people say some things need to change for the better...well, I don't want this to change. I want my friends who is from Sabah and Sarawak to still remain here as part of Malaysians. Okay, so if I want to talk about it in a more personal way...what will happen to us? What will happen to my relationship? Will my family still approve? Will his family approve? This whole thing will just complicate things because Sabah and Sarawak are like...part of Malaysia for more than 50 years...I don't care about the political stuff...because politic is the reason this thing is happening. Damn, I hate politics...

2 comments:

Ahmad Aliff Yusof said...

The article doesn't even state who is the people that wants to get out of Malaysia. Come on. This is so political.The writer of that article thinks that everybody is stupid; believe their story which is only based on sensational claims (it could be even the writer's own claim or fabrication) Yes, there are people from East Malaysia who are unhappy about how their country is being run by the federal government, but let's put this in place, without Malayan intervention and the foundation of Malaysia, what would happen to Sabah and Sarawak now? Because technically it's so difficult to run a country with so many tribes and races (look at Indonesia for example). If Sabah wanted to be an independent state, well they can ask from Phillippines to join their federation since that country had been eyeing Sabah since 1963. Sarawak also had been claimed by Indonesia... So people from these two states, erm... would you be governed under Phillippines or Indonesia or Malaysia?

Wani said...

Malaysia!! Coz in my opinion, Malaysia is a way better country than the other two countries.