Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Macarons

Have you ever taste macarons? I never tried it before. The first time I saw the picture of a macaron I thought it was a colored Crabby Patty. lolz. But somehow I do feel like to give it a go to know how it taste like :p Well, that's me, as curious as ever. I mean, just look at it...it's interestingly attractive, hahaha. It comes in many kind of colors. Which makes me want to try it even more. What the difference between the green colored macarons and the pink colored macarons? Are there any difference or will it taste the same? How does it fill like when you take the first bite of a macaron? Ahh, the wonders of all these questions are making me want to take a bite on one of these macarons. But what are macarons? Do you know? Well, let me give you a brief introduction to it (in case you don't know) ^_^

A macaron is a sweet confectionery made with egg whites, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond and food coloring. The macaron is commonly filled with butter-cream or jam filling sandwiched between two cookies. Its name is derived from an Italian word "maccarone" or "maccherone". The word is itself derived from ammaccare, meaning crush or beat, used here in reference to the almond paste which is the principal ingredient. The confectionery is characterized by its smooth, domed top, ruffled circumference (referred to as the "foot"), flat base, mildly moist and easily melted into mouths. Macarons can be found in a wide variety of flavors that range from the traditional (raspberry, chocolate) to the new (truffle, green matcha tea). The fillings can range from jams, genache, or butter-cream. Taken from Wikipedia, you can just open the website to get the full article of it or to get some links to other websites. I mean, you got to admit, Wikipedia is by far the easiest source to get a rough view over something and from there you can find links to go into details of it. Any-who...I copied a brief definition about macarons. Do you find it interesting? Have you ever taste one before? How does it taste like? Does it taste sweet only in the mouth but disappear once you swallowed it or will it last even after you swallowed it?

Now that it come to this, I might as well try it when I get the chance. It certainly does look interesting, I wonder if the recipe is complicated...maybe I should Google search it just to find out ^_^ Well, I think I should not talk too much...I think I've been posting quite a lot, maybe I should try to reduce it? Well, what to do, I have so much to tell but no one to talk to...which is why my blog become my place to talk about absolute crap. Well, it IS called Wani's World, so...haha, you get the idea :p

2 comments:

Najwa Abdul Aziz said...

maccaron?? xpenah dgr b4 ni.
first,
igtkan wani nk post bout 'maccaroni'.
haha..
a'ah. cam krabbypatty.
teringin lak..

pape pn, tanx 4 da info! :D

SYOLIHAH ISAHAK said...

saya pon first time dengar pasal macaron ni. Well it does look good and colourful. Wanna give em a try. Anyway come and visit my blog at cikitammanis.blogspot.com