Thursday, February 03, 2011

the need to control

Ever since I'm in London, I've been shopping...pretty much NON-STOP. Now, the inner-voice is telling me to get it under control. Well, I think every Malaysians can understand about all the cheap price...sometimes even MUCH MORE CHEAPER than the imitation ones. I got a pair of Reebok shoes for £5, convert to Malaysian money it'll be RM25, which is CHEAPER than the IMITATION Reebok you see at Petaling Street or Uptown. I get £5 for the REAL Reebok. What about GAP? Clothes in GAP boutiques all worth more than RM100...I bought 3 items from GAP and it cost LESS than £20! I don't think I should start on Marks&Spencer...I got a knee-length skirt for £2.49 and a white top for £4.99 while in Malaysia...everything cost RM50 and above. I'm lucky enough to get an outfit for RM50 in M&S. I got Ed Hardy perfume box set for £24.99, in Malaysia EVERYTHING in Ed Hardy probably cost RM200 and above. My sister bought an outfit from Ed Hardy for her daughter that cost RM300! In short, the prices are unbelievably much more cheaper here, and it's NOT even boxing day. Imagine boxing day! No wonder Malaysians that come here always buy more stuff than they should. It's just this feeling of not getting the same price in Malaysia is giving this unwanted desire to buy more and we end up not feeling sorry about it! However, no matter how cheap it is, I believe we must still set boundaries on our spending. I mean, as cheap as it is, I don't want to be a shopaholic, I don't want to get confused between the things that I NEED and I WANT. All the things that I get here are mostly what I want. I've been listening to my desire for the WANT for over a week now, it's time to get back to my senses and start paying attention to the NEED. Besides, buying too much will give me problem to bring it back to Malaysia. I mean, I have a small cupboard, so now, I'm already start thinking of which clothes should I take out to make room for the new ones. Not to forget shoes...I need to start getting rid of some old shoes to make room for the 3 new shoes. So...yeah, I need to pay more attention to what I need now more than what I want. I know it'll be hard to resist but I must at least try.

2 comments:

Raveneye said...

Woowww!!!
buy me a ankle length boot, please. tapi not more than RM50 boley? i pay la of course....
please..........................

Wani said...

duit dh abih la Azie. haha. lg pown kt Scotland ni kasut dia x byk yg murah, kt London byk kasut murah2. Aku beli knee-length boots for RM40 je bile dh convert :p tp aku dh x turun London dh ni...duit pown dh abih...