Thursday, February 17, 2011

sounds good

Well...went to UCSI just now to meet with the course counselor. The Bachelor in Music Classical (Hons.) is for 3 years with 3 semesters in each year. BUT since I already earn my Diploma in Music from UiTM, I might be able to take the course for two years, depending on the faculty's decision. Another thing is, there's a twinning programme where I can exchanged and study abroad in UK for a year. In my case, if I can get credit transfer to take the course for two years, then I will be studying for one year in UCSI and another one year abroad. Sounds good? But the problem is of course the fees. It's extremely expensive. UCSI offers some scholarship, some full and some partial. The full scholarship requires CGPA of 3.80 and above. Dang it!! My CGPA is 3.76 T-T but the course counselor did said that if I do well for my audition, I might be able to obtain full scholarship. The audition is quite complicated. There's the performance, and also written test...and aural test. Looks like I need to take out my dusty theory book again =P But for now I will try for UCSI. I'm still curious about the violin tutors though, I hope they're good teachers. Because you know...just because one is a good performer does not make one a good teacher, and same thing otherwise :) But I'm still thinking about the twin programme. Coz the cost will be double and I really...really need to think about it. Of course I want it, but we'll see.

4 comments:

Raveneye said...

wani, kau jangan kata kau punya appliction tak dapat?
tak dapat ke...?

Wani said...

nampak sgt dh lama tak baca blog aku T-T

Raveneye said...

umm...
ni berkaitan ngan post kau yang bertajuk 'macam mana' tu ke?
i was thinking you were talking about someone's opinion about you.
im sorry wani.
things did not go accordingly to your plan.

anyway, UCSI, is good.
my mom got some friends from UCSI and there are real great people.
yeah, i mean in performing.
and the twinning program is good too.
why not give it a shot?
or u nak ke pegi ke UM? UPM?

Wani said...

nope, bukan post "macam mana" tapi ada satu post last time where I really said about the result.
and it's okay, you can't always get what you want in life, the important thing is not to give up :)