Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I wish...

I wish I can get more paid gigs, not just for me but for Thairy as well. As far as I am concern about my financial life, I do realize that Thairy needs money more than I do. I wish there's some ways I can help. I wanted to form a quartet group and try to find money by performing, but it's not as easy as it looks. We need members that are reliable, we need a fixed place to practice and make sure everyone is committed to it. On top of it all, finding a job for quartet show is not easy, most people thought that they can pay rm100 for the whole thing. I mean, seriously? We are four musicians that are trying to survive in this world. Try to have a little compassion and respect. Even though I don't believe that you need money to be happy, but it is without a doubt that money is becoming more and more essential to actually live.

I am currently working part time as a teacher at a music school, even though it is not really my interest to teach at music school, I don't really have a choice. I need some cash especially since I'll be enrolling in UCSI soon. I recommended Thairy as a cello teacher there. However, getting a cello students are not easy at music schools. Most parents are just not willing to spend money. So, cellists are having a harder time than violinists here because they really need to be at the top of their game to actually earn gigs or even some students. Which is why I want Thairy to go for regular lesson so he can improve tremendously, he is quite talented for someone who's been learning for only a few years, but the problem is that he doesn't have enough budget for regular lessons. I feel so helpless, I wish I can just lend him money but apparently I am hardly surviving as well.

Every time we talked about money, I'll be speechless. All I can say is to ask him to have patience and his opportunity will come soon. However, I know, by just being patient is not going to help earn more money. He's spending money as time goes by but not earning money in the process. At least I have my paycheck from teaching even though it's not much. *sigh* I really wish there is something I can do to help. At time like this, I feel so hopeless.

*photos taken from Google Image

No comments: