Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Strings Quartet


Somewhere after the first week of Eid ul-Fitr, or also known as Raya Aidilfitri here locally.
I am going to have a quartet performance and the name of the quartet is Strings Attached.
If you think we get the name from the movie No Strings Attached....
well...you're right. Haha~

The members of the quartet are:
Wani (me) as 1st Violinist
Po Ann as 2nd Violinist
Azam as Violist
Jennifer as Cellist.

I don't know what will happen after our first gig, but I am really hoping that I can get serious with this quartet.
I have always wanted to be part of a quartet and improve my ensemble playing skills.
For now, we're not doing anything serious, just some light classical and pop songs for the Hari Raya Open House event that we're suppose to play for.

The quartet's playing skills are basically still at the surface, because the members don't really know each other that well just yet and our last rehearsal was sight-reading session.
So, we are in the process of getting use to each other's playing and working with each other.
I really really do hope that this quartet can go somewhere
*hopeful eyes*


*photos from Tumblr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck for your performance ! I love hearing quartets perform :)
You are a great musician, keep working hard ! :)

Wani said...

thank you mr/ms anonymous.