Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rusty!

It's been so long since I last update!!
It's been hectic...I can be sent to the mad house if it gets any more hectic than this.


Anyway, I have a few stories to share...
Last week, I played for wedding gig with UiTM orchestra at Shangri-La Hotel in KL for a very rich person's wedding.
It was insane...I mean...yes it's your special day, but do you have to go too far until you miss out the true meaning of a wedding?

This week, I'm suppose to play for the reception on the bride's side.
Which will be held in Marriot hotel in a larger hall which is more insane.
This time, I won't be playing in orchestra,
in fact, I just found out I'll be the main attraction...I was like WHAT THE HELL?
They expect me to have a versus improvise with a saxophone. Reality check...I NEVER IMPROVISE ON THE FREAKING VIOLIN BEFORE!!
And they expect me to play like Venessa Mae or one of Yanni's violinists...I'm like...
you expect me to be like them in less than 5 days? Do you have any freaking ideas how many years those professionals took to become professional at improvising??
Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now we change the topic...I have an exciting news to share...
a few months ago I went for an audition, which is ASEAN-Russia Symphony Orchestra of Young Musicians which will be held in Bali, Indonesia in November 2011.
4 Malaysians are selected to go and I am one of them.
I am so thankful, I never thought I will be selected.
Syukur Alhamdulliah~~

I put this picture in this post just because I think it's cool, haha.

*photos from Tumblr

No comments: