Sunday, May 20, 2012

Crappy Thoughts~

Hey...
How's life?  Good?  I hope it is :)
I watched Dark Shadows yesterday.  My first movie of 2012 (I know..lame, right?).
It is actually not that bad, I had some good laughs watching that movie, which is exactly what I need in my life right now.
Of course I think the conclusion of the movie could have been more epic...but overall it is not that bad.  A fun movie to watch.

As of today, I attended...more like worked for the sake of scholarship working hours...a Jazz Workshop.  Conducted by Meg Okura, a jazz violinist.  She gave like a jazz masterclass to Joey and another guy which I conveniently forgot his name.
This is me and Meg Okura....my face looked round and swollen in this picture...I have no idea why...

Anyway, I just found out today that I am no longer the principle for 2nd Violin in UCSI Orchestra.
It's kind of a good thing, at least I don't have to think about bowings...or keeping everyone together...and stuff.  I could take a break and have a little less weight on my shoulder.
Instead, Ms. Cheryl moved me to 1st Violin...not sure where I'm seating, but from the look of it, might be 2nd desk, with Po Ann~ Yay!

Another thing that kind of bothers me in a way, is that I kind of lost connection from the "gig" world now...
I just can't get any gigs...I guess I'm just in the bad side of the plate right now...
With my mom pressuring me asking me why am I not getting any gigs...and if she watched concert at TV, especially those live ones...and there's a violinist on stage or orchestra being used...she will like...scold me for not being there...like I can do anything about it.  It kinda gives me this unnecessary stress.
I know paid gigs don't come rolling down to my feet, but...I just don't know where to start.  I mean, I really hope I can gigs for small events that only use string quartet...but then, I don't know where to get the connections or networkings...even to get a group of people together and record so that I can create some kind of a profile is hard enough...no one is committed enough to do it...well, at least I haven't come across anyone that committed enough...or maybe I just need to be more assertive about it.
I'm clueless...I guess this is the disadvantages for being a quiet person...you'll be easily forgotten or not taken seriously.
Hurmmmm~~~

Well, I guess I just have to keep on trying...
I gtg now...
This is one of the picture that I took for fun just now using my lousy Nikon digital camera...
for a lousy camera and lousy photographer...I kinda like this shot.  Hahaha :p

2 comments:

Ahmad Aliff Yusof said...

There's sometime for some people, Wani. Seriously. Your good time will come, surely.

Wani said...

tell that to my mom. she never gets it no matter how hard I try to explain.