Wednesday, August 08, 2012

End of Journey

Alas~
We meet again for the first time in August.
How terrible sorry I am for leaving this blog unattended for quite sometime.
I am here to just say that it is almost the end of the road for this semester.

I had a great Chamber Ensemble experience this semester.  Played Mendelssohn's Piano Trio in D minor (1st movement only).  This is us after our final exam.

High scorers will be selected for a Chamber Music Concert, and guess what, we were among the ensembles selected for the concert!
This is my group, with Po Ann's group after the concert.

I admit that the performance we gave during our final exam was better than the one during the concert, but nevertheless, it has been a wonderful learning experience for me.

Currently, I am trying to get a recorded performance of myself playing Mozart's Violin Concerto No.5 and Wieniawski's Polonaise Brilliante in D major for this audition that I want to try out.
Not sure if I can get in, I don't usually do that well for auditions, but I guess no harm in trying.
Leave no room for regrets!
Hopefully I'll manage to get the pieces ready and most importantly, get a good recording of my playing.
If luck is on my side, I'll be going to Mahidol University in October to join the music camp/festival.

I have to go now, 
having exam tomorrow, wish me luck ^_^
Before I go, I just want to leave you with this video that I just listened to...
I think it's amazing, I would love to learn this one day.

No comments: