Sunday, January 27, 2013

Musical Theater in UiTM, Shah Alam

I went to UiTM Shah Alam yesterday.
To watch a musical theater called Destini Anak Bangsa Tan Sri Arshad Ayub.
The full-of-drama theater among the music students due to some conflicts and stuff.
To be completely honest, I think the theater was extremely boring, the first half was too draggy, the second half was too rushing towards the conclusion, which altogether ruin the flow of the musical.  I know I don't know how to put on a musical theater, I know it is not an easy job...but still...it was just too boring.
Some of the music were pretty good, some of them are not really musical-material...but it will be nice as mainstream music.  However, I do believe some of the music are quite unnecessary and just taking up too much time.  One thing about musical, is that the music can keep the story going, the story can be told as the music is going...but this, every time there's music, the story stop just to make way for the music, then after another expression, the story stop again to sing about THAT particular situation.  It was fine at first...but after awhile...it was just too much, and I found myself yawning throughout.
Maybe it's good to some people, but it's not good enough for me.
I do want to congratulate the students who work really hard to put the show together,
but I still don't like the theater.  Hahaha, I do believe it can be very interesting and nice, but it was not conveyed effectively in the musical.
However, I do heard some people say this is quite a last minute gig, not sure if that can be considered as an excuse for the messy story line...but...good job anyway for the effort =)

Some pictures!  Sorry, some of them are a bit blur.






the orchestra...


Thairy and I ♥

No comments: