Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

Have you watched it yet?  I will try not to put any spoilers just in case.  Where to begin?  Oh, before I start on the movie, let me just say I watched this in Gold Class theatre, coz experiencing Gold Class has been one of the things on my bucket list and to have that with The Hobbit was just an amazing experience.  It was so comfortable, u can literally just sleep in there coz blankets are provided.  How cool is that?  I definitely don't mind paying that much to watch such an awesome movie.  Anyway, back to the topic, The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug...my rating between 1 - 10 with 10 being the best?  Probably 8/10.

Why 8 and not 10?  Well, mainly because this is the middle part of the entire trilogy, which makes it the slowest one but at the same time important because it will determine how awesome the final instalment will be.  Now, I really love the fact that Peter Jackson brought back Legolas, because it obviously won't be making any sense if the dwarves of Erebor travelled to Mirkwood and Legolas not in it, right?  However, I must say...his character in The Hobbit is definitely different from The Lord of the Rings.  I feel like the "younger" Legolas (because The Hobbit is basically prequel to LOTR) has more drive in him.  Which makes it interesting in a good way.  I admit there were some slow moments where it felt like the story line was a bit draggy, however, it was not an entirely bad thing.  For me, The Hobbit is like a history on how LOTR came to be, and we need the story and the relation between the two.  Peter Jackson did briefly highlighted the relation and kinda brought you back to LOTR.  I like that because I want the entire thing (The Hobbit & LOTR) to be connected and related. So, I enjoyed the whole thing.  Only one thing that I'm not very happy about will be the ending.  That cliffhanger....is...just........cruel.  I mean, this is not like some TV series where we can wait the next week and find out what happens next.  We're talking about a year here!  I just watched it two days ago and now I'm desperate to know what will happens next.  Everything...from what will happen to Gandalf and Radagast, to Legolas, to Tauriel...Smaug the dragon, the dwarves in Lake Town, King Thranduil...everything...are hanging with not even one of them leading to any conclusion whatsoever.  Which leaves you with this ultimate "What happens next?" in your head but you will only know it a year from now.  How cruel is that?  Now I really can't wait to find out what happens next but there's nothing I can do but wait.  I hope the last part will be an epic one and will take the movie world by storm just like how LOTR:ROTK did last time.

Oh well, that's from me...I can say so much more, but at the same time I don't want to spoil anything to those who still haven't watch the movie.  So, I better just save it to myself.  That's all from me now.  Take care ^_^

*picture taken from Google Image

No comments: