Monday, June 23, 2014

How To Train Your Dragon 2

Yesterday, I watched How To Train Your Dragon 2.  It was annoying to have kids around, because they are too young to understand, so they tend to get noisy, by screaming, and asking questions, and laughing...and all those things that kids do.  I wish movie theaters set the the minimum age limit to 10 years old or something.  Anyway, back to the movie.  I L.O.V.E it!  I love the story, I love the humour, I love the music, credits to John Powell for that.  I could've watched the whole credits rolling at the end to enjoy the music, but unfortunately all those cleaners just shove plastic trash to my head or face...so I had to leave =_=

In comparison to the first one, the sequel has more meaning to it.  Most probably because they already bond an eternal friendship, so, they pretty much have each other's back, so you can pretty much see the value of friendship between Hiccup and Toothless.  To avoid giving out spoilers, I can't really say much, which is a bummer.  However, I would recommend you to watch this movie, if you haven't got the chance to watch it yet.  It is just as good as the first one, if not better.  Toothless is cute, as always...and I love how the story focuses more on the dragons, rather than romance or action...or heroic fights by Hiccup or something like that.  Of course, all those elements exist in the movie, but it is not the main highlight throughout the story.  Which is nice, I like it.  Not to forget, I like Jay Baruchel's voice as Hiccup, I think it fits well with the character.  Also, Cate Blanchett's voice is so sexy and motherly at the same time.  She really knows how to act with her voice.  You know how sometimes, when you hear an actor's voice you are just reminded with their previous roles...not for Cate, she did a good job to stay true to the character.

Also, I can't leave the music bit behind.  I think, John Powell did a good a job for this film.  I think the music works well into the film, and it doesn't interfere with any of the scenes.  Which is pretty much the purpose of scoring for film.  So, good job Mr.John Powell!  

If I am to rate this movie from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best...I will give this move 8/10!  So, if you haven't watch it...go and do it!!

Listen to one of the music!


picture taken from Google Image

No comments: