Friday, August 22, 2014

National Mourning Day


Since today is Malaysia's mourning day, I feel it is a little inappropriate to put the title as "Life's Little Joy" so I changed the name of this post.  For those who don't know, today is Malaysia's mourning day because the passengers of MH17 are coming home.  The entire nation was urge by the government to pay respect to them by wearing black.  Thus, explaining the background colour for today's episode to be black.  I read once, that in every grim moment, try to find something to be positive about.  That's what I did, I look for the positivity in this sorrowful moment.  What I find, is that the fact that Malaysians are putting aside their differences, just to pay respect to MH17.  Malaysia is in the moment where everyone is trying to find excuse to bring other people down, they use race, religion, and so much more as an excuse.  So, to find people putting those aside for today, is probably something that I choose to appreciate.  Of course, there are always a few dumb people out there who still want to take advantage of today to bring other people down, but most people are paying their respect.  I admire that.  I wish we can have this kind of unity all the time.  To the passengers of MH17, may you rest in peace.  To the family members of the passengers, I am truly sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the pain you are going through, please be strong.

1 comment:

HappyCanadianMom said...

I had no idea this day was a day of mourning. You are right, people being able to set aside their differences and come together when needed is a wonderful thing.