Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Dracula Untold

Last Sunday, on October 5, 2014, I watched Dracula Untold.  The amazing about my movie session this time around is that I didn't watched it alone!  I watched it with some friends after the rehearsal for an opera production that I'm involve with.  What can I say about Dracula Untold?  Luke Evans is really good looking, hahaha.  That is definitely the first thing that popped up into my head.  Plot wise, it is actually a nice film, maybe not as great as it could be, or should have been, but at the same time, it is not a failure.  It is interesting to see Dracula as a man who did what he did for a good reason, and not because of his desires to be immortal.  It is interesting to see how his actions were influenced by love and not lust.  Also, it is not foreign to us on how the sacrifice that we made for others might not get the kind of reaction that we hoped we will get.  It is a nice movie, it is simple...and maybe a little too simple which made me feel like it's missing that X factor.  It will be nice to see a more twisted or complicated plot or at least a little darker.  I feel like this movie is too much for general audience, that it didn't satisfy my complex brain, hahaha.  The history in the introduction was a little too direct and too much on the surface for my taste, I kinda wished it went a little deeper than that.  The same for the creature who turned Dracula into what he is, I feel like there could be more story for that character, but he was barely there.  I think Luke Evans did a wonderful job as Dracula.  I wish to see more of his acting in the future, that's for sure.  The music, I can't say anything special about it, it's a nice music but like the film, it's missing that extra kick that makes it great.  I will still recommend to people to watch this movie, but at the same time I will tell them to lower their expectation just a little bit so that you can still enjoy more of the movie.  If I am to rate this from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best.  I give this movie a 6 ^_^

*taken from Google Image

No comments: