Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Book of Life

Today, I had some quality time with myself, and I decided to watch The Book of Life.  Truthfully, the real thing that attracted me to watch this movie is basically the vibrant colours.  It is just so colourful, so beautiful, that I just have to watch it :)  Another reason is because I heard quite a lot of good feedback about it.  I like that even though this movie is promoting the culture of Mexico, but it started off with a nice sweet melody from Morning, the first movement of Peer Gynt Suite written by Grieg.  There is a lot of love in this animation.  Love for the family, love for the village, love of friendship, love for animals, love that leads to forgiveness, and of course, true love.  It is a very simple and sweet story, but still very entertaining to watch with all the humors, and colours, and fun song to listen to.  It kinda leaves you with that warm and fuzzy feeling when you leave the theatre.  Again, I don't want to include any spoilers, so I can't say much.  What I can say is, that it is a movie with good message, good movie to watch with just about anyone, or simply just by yourself.  You will get to enjoy some nice flamenco music, and enjoy a cute humor along the way.  It is unlike any other animation that we might have seen before, it is different in its diversity, in its cultural value, and I would really recommend you people to watch this movie.  I think that this movie deserve more attention and should be more in the spotlight.  I truly do believe it.  It is not easy to see animation with simple plot with good values, and very entertaining all at the same time.  If I am to rate this from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, I will give this movie 8/10.  So, please do watch it.  It is a very sweet movie and good animation too :)  It is very imaginative, very creative, and I love that.




*all GIF were taken from Tumblr

No comments: