Thursday, November 20, 2014

Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

Went to GSC 1Utama today (or yesterday, since it is past midnight) to watch the final part of the two-part sequel of Ruroni Kenshin.  If I need to describe this movie in one word, that word will be: EPIC!!!  This part two of the sequel...to me....was amazing.  I'm still getting goosebumps just thinking about it.  I admit, the first part of the movie was a little slow, but to me, it was a crucial part that leads up to the "building-of-the-climax" of the movie.  Which made the climax even more epic.  The fighting scenes...incredible.  I got to see more one-on-one fight from Kenshin.  The first part of the movie was pretty much Kenshin's struggle to find his will to win the battle he was facing at the time.  I love it when the main character goes through struggle and difficulties, coz it makes them more human.  Which makes it more relatable to the audience because we all went through tough times in achieving what we want.  All of us have battles with ourselves in order to succeed.  So, when I see that in the main character of any movies, I will feel relatable.  Kenshin had that moment in the movie, thus, making me able to relate to him and root for him even more.  

*taken from Google Image


I know how some people might not enjoy this movie for being "too different" from the manga or anime series.  I have to say, then when it comes to movie, I believe that it is best to separate it from where it came from.  It might be based on something, but it can never be exactly the same.  Yes, they altered it sometimes to make the movie fit for the general audience who might never watch the anime or read the manga.  As a movie, by itself, I'd say these are great movies.  Rurouni Kenshin trilogy will definitely be in my top 10 favourite movies of all time now, right beside The Lord of the Rings trilogy.  The music this time was so much better.  There are more new materials, and seems more connected to the scene (read my review of Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno if you don't know what I mean).  I wish I can make all of my friends watch this movie, I really enjoyed it.  I don't want to give out any spoilers which limits me from saying all of the things that I wanna talk about.  However, I can add something on the romance side.  Unlike Hollywood movies, where the romance are more on the physical connection (kissing, holding hands, sex, etc.), in Rurouni Kenshin...there are no such thing, and yet, you can feel the love connection between Kenshin and Kaoru.  Yes, at times Kenshin gave Kaoru a hug, but other than that...the love connection that you can find between them is through the action.  From Kenshin to Kaoru, as well as Kaoru to Kenshin.  They are willing to go through so much to make sure the other person is safe.  From that, you don't just see the love, but you can feel it too...even though there are no physical romance passion such as kissing, or holding hands.  They didn't even say the word "I love you" because...they don't need to, they know it.  Let me just say, the ending scene between Kenshin and Kaoru was the most romantic scene I've ever watch for the longest of time...and it was only one sentence from Kenshin.  No, it is not "I love you" and no, it is not "Will you marry me?" and no, it is not "Thank you for always being there for me."  It is much much simpler than that.  Yet, it can make you go "awwwwww.....that's so romantic"  Yes, Kenshin just set the bar too high for men now.  Hahahahaha.  You just have to watch it to feel it.  

The movie was amazing...it is not perfect, definitely, there are no perfect movies, you can't please everyone.  But overall...it is a great movie.  I love it so much, this trilogy just made it into my top 10 favourite movies of all time.  If I am to rate this movie from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best.  I will give this movie a 9/10  ^_^  Yes, I do love it a lot...A LOT.

*taken from Google Image

No comments: