Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

From my previous post, where I wrote a review about Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends, now I write about The Hunger Games:  Mockingjay Part 1.  Yes, I watched two movies back-to-back, because YOLO.  Hahaha.  I don't really like using the word "YOLO" (if it's a word), but if feels appropriate to use at that time.  Anyway...Mockingjay Part 1.  Honestly, this is the first movie from the Hunger Games that I watched in the cinema.  The first one I watched when it was out on TV, the second one I watched when I was travelling and it was among the in-flight movies.  I just thought...why not watch the last two in the cinema, it's not that bad.  It really is not that bad.  It was kinda epic, for a part 1.  Of course, when the movie ended I wanted to scream because now I need to wait for another year for the part 2 (the torture!).  Even though this is a book, and I can pretty much read the book to know the ending, but at the same time...I don't want to know the ending without watching the movie first.  But I'm not sure if I can wait that long....but I don't want to know the ending!  My goodness, the conflict.  Anyway, the movie was great.  I can't compare it to the book coz I haven't read it yet.  As a movie, I think it has a good delivery, the story develops quite nicely, it has a nice flow from the previous two movies.  The characters develop rather nicely too, and I like some of the plot twist that occurred.  Towards the end I was holding my breath quite a lot because (a) too much suspense, and (b) someone took of their shoes and I smell stinky feet for the last one hour or so.  If you have been following the first two movies, then you will definitely need to make a time for this.  It is a good "part 1" of a movie.  If you haven't watch the first two, I think you will still enjoy it, but I'm not sure how much you can understand or relate to it.  Again, since I don't want to give out any spoiler, I practically can't write too deep in to the movie.  You just have to watch it and decide for yourself :)  If I am to rate this movie from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, I will give this movie 7/10.  Go and watch it people!

*taken from Google Image

No comments: