Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Theory of Everything

Today, I decided to spend some quality time with myself (meaning going out alone), and I went to the cinema.  I watched my first movie of 2015, and this is officially my first post about movies for this year.  Exciting isn't it?  Anyway, I watched The Theory of Everything at GSC 1Utama.  I must say, starting my 2015 movie sessions with this movie was definitely the right thing to do.  This movie is so alive, mainly because I know it is a real story.  So, everything that I saw became more inspiring and emotionally moving.  I cried several times throughout the movie because I just couldn't imagine having to go through what Stephen or Jane Hawking went through at the early stages of Stephen's condition.  The Theory of Everything is a remarkable movie about the life between Stephen and Jane Hawking.  From the moment they fell in love, and throughout their marriage until the moment they separated.  I sincerely salute Jane Hawking for being such a strong wife to Stephen Hawking when they were married.  Believe me, not many women have the strength that she had.  I know that her love for him was real, she truly loved him, she stood by his side, and she definitely gave her extreme best to make their life as memorable as possible.  When the moment of their separation came, I wasn't even mad at her, because I know...she did truly loved him wholeheartedly.  As much as this movie is about Stephen Hawking and how he overcome his obstacles in life and still achieve great things, but I do believe the real hero here is Jane Hawking.  Without her, I really don't think Stephen Hawking will be where he is today.  I don't think this movie will ever exist for that matter.  Also, I must add, I think Eddie Redmayne's performance as Stephen Hawking was amazing.  It was definitely a big role to play and I do believe he did an amazing job at it.  I really do hope he gets a nomination at the Academy Awards.  I'm not sure if the nominations are out...but I really do hope his name will be there.  He earned it, definitely.  Also, the scoring for this film is great.  I love it.  It fits into the movie rather perfectly.  Credits to Jóhann Jóhannsson for the beautiful scoring for this film.  If people ask me to describe this movie in one word...I would say: Inspiring.  In my opinion, that is the best word to describe this movie.  I truly enjoyed watching this.  I am truly grateful to get the chance to watch this, because apparently not all cinemas in Malaysia run this movie.  So, thank you Golden Screen Cinema!!  If I am to rate this movie from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, I will give this movie a 9.  Mainly because I was inspired by the strength, courage, and love, from Stephen and Jane Hawking.  Even though they are no longer married, but their love was real nonetheless, regardless of the different beliefs between Stephen and Jane.  Truly inspiring :)

*image taken from Google Image