Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Challenge

Some people in my life know this, some other people might have guessed it, and others might not see me enough to notice it.  I have low self-control when it comes to shopping.  LOL.  I guess it's a common weakness among many people nowadays regardless of their gender.  I am grateful that I can afford to shop for myself, but there are times when I wish I can just keep my shopping excitement under control.  I usually do online shopping, so, you can just imagine, when everything is just a click away...the tendency to lose control is even higher.  Hahahaha.  However, after my last purchase, I kind of made a deal to myself to get a grip and control myself.  My first step, is to not visit any online shopping websites for 30 days.  LOL, I know there will be some challenges, but I have faith in myself.  If I can complete the "30 days of yoga" challenge earlier of this year, I can definitely do a "30 days without looking at online shopping website" challenge.  I will start tomorrow, and hopefully 30 days from now I will be able to resist the temptation.  This will be a short post, I just thought about writing it up in my blog.  Btw, just to show you my last purchase:

*all photos taken from MySale.com
I bought this from MySale.com, everything from that website is cheaper than the normal retail price.  Some of them are really branded stuff.  These four outfits that I bought are from a brand called Dewberry.  Two dresses, and two jackets/sweaters kind of thing.  Anyway, this is one of those moments where I just lost the battle of having more self-control.  Hahaha, I don't regret buying them, because I know I'll love them, but at the same time I am not entirely proud of ended up buying them either.  So, it's in the middle in terms of emotion.  I like this kind of outfit, because I get cold easily, and these outfits are the most convenient way to keep me warm, and I tend to handle warm situations better than cold ^_^  Also, after this purchased, I realized that I need to take matters into my own hand, and I need to own up to myself, and have more self-control.  So, my first challenge to myself, is to not open any websites of online-shopping for 30 days....as a start!  Hey, I have to start somewhere right?  The next thing I want to do is direct my money-spending to a better caused like doing donations.  If you read some of my earlier posts, I subscribed to "adopt-a-turtle" kind of thing from WWF to help the turtles.  It's a monthly donation of just RM38 and it makes me feel good to be doing something to other lives, may it be human or animals.  I also just donated lots of clothes, shoes, and bags, for charity, mainly to help homeless people or people who are in need of help.  So, I definitely want to start channelling my spending towards more positive things.  I will not say that I will stop shopping, because you and I both know that will be a lie, but, I will get my self-control in check!  Well, that is all for now.  Until next time.  Bye!

No comments: