Monday, February 09, 2015

Water Diviner

Yesterday, I had some free time, so I went to the cinema.  I watched Water Diviner.  A movie directed by Russel Crowe and of course, he was the lead actor in it as well.  Before I watched this movie, I didn't really know what to expect, but I have a feeling it will be good.  So, when I watched it, it was great.  I really did enjoy it so much.  It was very moving, and I love the cultural aspect in this movie.  You know how nowadays, every time people do something that involves Muslim, they tend to just give a negative image...but in this movie, it didn't.  It shows that we are all human, and we all did the same thing, feel the same thing, only our approach to things are different because we have different opinions and beliefs.  I like that concept.  Mostly because I believe in similar thing.  I don't care what religion you believe in, or if you don't believe in any religion, or if you don't even believe in God, I really don't care, as long as we live with respect for each other, and love, then I think the world will be a much more peaceful place.  Well, this movie is NOT about what I believe, it just that I can somewhat find it relatable to what I believe in.  War changes people, it really does, but the hardest part of it is probably moving on from that point and become allies again with people whom we used to be at war with.  I believe that there are parts in this film that highlighted it.  Russel Crowe did an incredible job, both as a director and actor.  The film is moving at the right pace, it didn't feel too rush, and didn't feel too draggy.  I also like the romance story, it is unlike any other.  Very simple, and yet very sweet.  I personally don't think I am that kind of woman, because I am not really interested in marriage at the moment in my life, but at the same time, I know, those kind of love do exist in this world.  

In the trailer, we can already see that Russel is on a quest to look for his three sons, after his wife died.  That is, for me, the moving part of this movie.  What it is about, I will not say, I will not spoil it.  It worth the watch.  So, I will definitely recommend it to people.  If I am to rate this movie from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best.   I will give this movie a 7 ^_^

*Image taken from Google Image

No comments: