Saturday, March 07, 2015

Danny Elfman with the MPO


Yesterday, I went to Dewan Filharmonik Petronas (DFP) to watch the concert as stated in the picture above.  I've always enjoyed Tim Burton's movies and I love it even more with Danny Elfman scoring for the films.  When I first saw this program at the start of this current season last year, I knew that this is a concert that I cannot miss.  I must say, that yesterday night was a really good night for me.  The MPO played music from Pee-Wee's Big Adventures, Beetlejuice, Batman/Batman Returns, Big Fish, Mars Attack!, Sleepy Hallow, Planet of the Apes, Edward Scissorshand, Frenkenweenie, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, Dark Shadows, and Alice in Wonderland.  I hope I didn't left out any movies that they played last night.  In the programme, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was included, but it wasn't there last night.  The only time I heard the theme from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was in the overture, where the themes from all the movies were mashed up together to create an awesome intro with clips from all the movies being played back on the screen.  So, in that sense I was a little disappointed that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was not played as its own category.  Honestly, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Alice in Wonderland are the two movies that I truly looked forward of hearing last night.  Nevertheless, the Alice in Wonderland totally gave me goosebumps.  Definitely my favourite of Danny Elfman so far ^_^

Out of all the movies listed above, Pee-Wee's Big Adventures and Beetlejuice are the only two movies that I haven't watch.  The music for Pee-Wee's Big Adventures was really good and fun.  Makes me want to watch the movie now.  As a matter of fact, watching the concert last night makes me want to watch all the movies again.  Having a Tim Burton's movie marathon ain't so bad, don't you think so?  You know...I would really love to see Tim Burton directs a movie from one of Dr.Seuss' books.  So far I enjoyed watching the four movies from Dr.Seuss' books (The Grinch, Cat in the Hat, Lorax, and Horton Hears Who).  For some reason, I am always interested to see Tim Burton's style in Dr.Seuss' stories.  I think it will be a great combination, and not to forget with Danny Elfman doing the scoring, nothing will be better.  

Anyway, to those who are watching the concert tonight, have fun!  I hope you've seen more than half of the films.  If you haven't watch most of it...then you might not get the nostalgic feel that I had last night.  Which is ashamed, because it makes the whole performance a lot more meaningful ^_^  To end this post, I want to post the only group picture that I have.  I took it from a UCSI friend.  We just happened to meet each other at DFP, and took a group photo.  Seriously, I look like straight out of Wonderland after eating one of those cakes that make me big (sorry, I forgot the name of the cake, even if I do, I don't know how to spell it, I can't even pronounce it properly!).  I mean, seriously...LOOK AT ME!!  I looked like a giant!


Okay, I might exaggerate...but still....I LOOK BIG!  Hahahaha.  The first time I saw the picture after we took it, what I wrote here was my exact reaction =P  Oh well, I better go now.  Until next time, BYE!!!

No comments: