Friday, April 24, 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Hi.  I know I've been away from updating for far too long, I haven't done any personal thoughts kind of post for awhile now.  Hopefully that I will be able to do one pretty soon.  Anyway, yesterday, I went to watch Avengers Age of Ultron.  I could've updated it sooner, but then I just needed to let the movie sink in for a night.  Also, I was too tired to update my blog last night.  So, lets start.

Avengers Age of Ultron is probably one of the anticipated movies of 2015.  The ticket started selling since March and was sold out here in Malaysia since early of April and it just officially came out yesterday.  So, after watching it, the reason I needed to let the movie sink in for a night was because I didn't know which one I like better, the first one or this sequel.  It was definitely a mix feeling.  I don't hate the movie, and I think it is kinda epic, but at the same time I'm not blown away by it.  It's like there is something missing, that feeling that you know it's good but it's just not satisfying enough to say "OH MY GOD THE MOVIE IS SO GOOD!!" kind of thing.  Probably it's typical of any Hollywood Superhero movies and we've seen a lot of it.  You know, the whole city got destroyed in the process of them saving the city, one of the good guys must die (sorry if it's considered a spoiler), heroes lost their ways for awhile and will save the day anyway, some sprinkle of romance...those kind of thing.  I think we've seen too much of it...that it's becoming recycled.  At least to me of course.  Basically, the plot is a more or less similar to the first Avengers movie but with different location and villain.  Maybe that's why I felt like there's something missing, coz I feel like I've seen it before.

However, my thoughts are just my opinions, I've seen Facebook statuses from my friends that said they think the movie is so awesome and epic and great and best movie ever and so on.  So, I guess it's to everyone's taste.  For me, it's a good movie...but not a great one.  I didn't leave the cinema feeling blown away and I didn't have the urge to update my blog immediately because I needed to think which of the two Avengers movies I like better, and I still don't know which one I like better.  Maybe in time I will know.  What I can say is that the movie makes more sense if you just watch every Marvel movies out there.  I also think that this Avengers movie actually create a really good platform for the next Captain America movie because we get to see that difference of thought between Steve Rogers and Tony Stark.

Will I recommend this movie?  If you have been following the whole Marvel movies....then yes, I will recommend it.  Otherwise, you might wanna watch the whole Marvel movies first, to make sense of which characters come from where and what is their role to the Avengers, and all that stuff.  If I am to rate this movie from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best....I will give this movie about 6.5/10.  It's good, but not great.  Believe me, after Kingsman...action movies are gonna have a tough time to be great to me.  Hahahaha.

*photo taken from Google Image

No comments: