Saturday, November 07, 2015

My Reasons

It's been a month!  My goodness, I didn't realize it's been that long since my last update :-/  I wanted to update my blog nearly every week, but procrastination got the better of me.  I apologize for that.  Anyway, today, I just want to write something random.  Nothing particular.  To those who are friends with me on Facebook, can probably notice that I always share motivational quotes or funny pictures and videos.  I always avoid posting anything with negative contents, though, something I do make exceptions depending on the subject being discussed, but most of the time...you will see me post stuff like "Be Yourself" or "Love Yourself" or "Believe in Your Dreams because No One Else Will" and something similar.  Or I post funny videos or funny photos that can make me laugh, or even cute posts about animals.

*taken from Tumblr


My reasons for focusing my posts on those kind of topic is mainly because there are too many negativity on my Facebook feed.  A lot of people are sharing about how difficult life is, people being robbed, people being racist, making racist remarks, or just complaining about anything and everything.  Now, I can't really blame them because (a) it is their Facebook account, they can share whatever the hell that they want, (b) the media constantly feeding negative news to people so that people only see and feel and believe on "the dark side" of life.  There's no balance in the media nowadays, it's almost always negative.  Positive things happened in life everyday too, but from the media's point of view, positivity don't sell.  By planting "hate" and "anger" to the viewers, they can sell the stories better.  For this reason, I always see people sharing post of racism, of discrimination towards people of different religion and/or beliefs, posts of bringing people down, public shaming, and pretty much what's wrong with life.  I wish I can see posts that show people of different backgrounds and beliefs helping each other out and being happy to be in each other's company.  Why?  Because I see it everyday, I don't see a Muslim and a Christian beating each other up, instead, having drinks together and happily having conversation.  However, people only focus on the extremists of both religions bashing each other.

*taken from Tumblr
So, I thought if I want to make a change, I should do something rather than just complaining about all the negativity.  So, I share posts that I feel can bring laughter, or hope.  It might not be enough to change the world, but, if it can help one depress soul out there, just one, it will be worth it.  It doesn't mean that I choose to remain oblivious from the negative aspect of life, I still keep myself up-to-date to what's going on around me (at least the best way that I can), only, I choose not to share them.  Why?  Because everyone else is sharing them!  Sometimes I see 5 posts of the same issue by 5 different people, so I thought, I should bring something positive to someone else's feed in between those negative posts.  Call me whatever you want, you don't have to agree to what I choose to do because you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that.  Some people say sharing those negative issues are being "realistic" but then, I believe sharing about the positive aspects of life is being realistic too, don't you think so?  Because those things are real, it's happening around us, even though people are too blinded by the negative things to see those positive things, but it's there.  So, by shining some lights on the positive side of life to make people see it, is in a way, being realistic.

*taken from Tumblr
I believe that all of us has the power to make the world a better place.  It can be in the simplest act of kindness like holding the door open for someone without expecting a thank you in return.  Imagine if all of us practice small act of kindness, how much better this world will be?  People only see what they want to see, and people only believe what they want to believe.  That's the problem with the world today, people are too afraid to open up their mind to just see things from someone else's point of view, or understand things that are different from what we believe.  It doesn't mean you are less of a person if you do it.  It will not ruin who you are as whatever religion you follow. In fact, I think it will make you more of a person.  Being nice is easy, it doesn't hurt to be kind to others even if they seems to be mean.   I believe those mean people are lacking experience with act of kindness, and therefore, we should shower them with more kindness so they can see how beautiful it is and perhaps will make them a kinder person as well.  Positivity is actually a powerful weapon, it's just that people tend to promote negativity that's being sugar-coated with "fake" positivity.  It's everywhere, especially in the religious community.  Don't get me wrong, I am a person with religion, it just that I don't like the way religious people are taking advantage of others "in the name of God."  To those of you who have not watched the movie PK, then I urge to watch it because that movie is an eye opener in my opinion.  It's a Bollywood movie, and it has really good message.  Do yourself a favor, and watch that movie, no excuse, we can get subtitles nowadays, it's 2015.  If you say you don't like reading subtitles, just know that it's your ego speaking.  I won't say that you will agree with the movie, I'm not expecting you to, all I hope for is that you watch it with an open mind.  Try to free yourself from any kind of judgements and watch the movie as it is, and try to understand it as it is.

*taken from Tumblr
With all the hate that's going on around me that a few people deemed to be "realistic" to life, I am here going against that current by sharing all the things that I believe can bring positivity to one's life.  This can be motivational posts, or funny posts, or even posts of creativity such as paintings or a video of a performance that I enjoy.  You may call it "bullshit" but that's not what I think.  There is nothing "bullshit" about looking at the world in a more positive perspective.  Even in the roughest place on this earth, there are still someone smiling or laughing.  That little moment, that tiny little moment, is one of the thing that I root for and I will fight for and I will choose to believe in.  So, now you know, my reasons for sharing what I share in my Facebook.  Have a good day ^_^

No comments: