Thursday, December 31, 2015

So Long and Farewell

It is the last day of 2015.  Wow, how time just flies.  It's been a good year for me, I moved on in many aspects of my life.  There are some highlights in my year, and let me just briefly share some of my highlights of 2015.  I might miss some important moments but I'll do my best.

ED SHEERAN CONCERT

This year I got the chance to watch Ed Sheeran performed live in Kuala Lumpur.  The most unusual part about this moment is that it is my first time attending such concert because I usually watch orchestral performance.  I went alone, not a surprising thing because I tend to do everything by myself.  It was a nice experience, it was really nice to see Ed Sheeran performed live.  There are of course a few things that annoyed me and one of them being how people rather watch the concert through the screen of their phones to record the entire show and blocked other people's view rather than just be in the moment and enjoy the performance.



PENTATONIX CONCERT

Another highlight concert that I went to this year will be Pentatonix's concert in Kuala Lumpur.  I always enjoy watching videos of this acapella group and to see them live was just unbelievable.  Their performance was just amazing and their covers as well as original songs are so nice to listen to.  Now that's a good quality performance and I enjoyed it so much.  Worth every penny.

again, I don't get why people pay so much money to watch the concert through the screen of their phones.
It's fine to take a picture but to record the whole thing?  Come on...wake up a little.

MEETING SARAH CHANG & JANINE JANSEN IN PERSON

As a violinist, I can't live out the moment when I went to watch performance of violin virtuosos.  I watched Sarah Chang performed Dvorak's Violin Concerto and on a different concert, I watched Janine Jansen performed the famous Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto.  It's just one of those moment in life where I thought I will never get that kind of chance because I don't know if they will ever come to Malaysia, but they did and I couldn't let the opportunity go!

with Sarah Chang
with Janine Jansen

MOVING TO UNITED KINGDOM

Of course, how can I leave out the highlight of the year which is moving to UK to further my studies in postgraduate here in Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.  It's been a journey full with ups and downs and even though I've only been here less than four months, I already learn so much and I am looking forward to what 2016 has in store for me while I'm here in UK.

Cardiff on Christmas 

Of course there are a lot of other things that happened to me this year, I was involved with Sand the Musical production and I met so many lovely people.  I went to watch a performance of Danny Elfman music from Tim Burton's films, which I love so much!  I lost my grandmother, may she rest in peace.  I started doing yoga for the first time back in January 2015.  I got to try Alexander Technique here in UK, I got to improve my cooking, and so many more.  Not to forget I watched so many movies...and it is only fair for me to name best movie of 2015.  I'm sure everyone will have their own "best movie of 2015" and I have one of my own.  My best movie of 2015 is.... 

*drum roll*


Yes people, my choice for best movie of 2015 is Kingsman:  The Secret Service.  I love it so much and I heard  there will be a sequel in the future.  I'm nervous about sequels but at the same time, look forward to it very much.  This movie is probably the only movie that I gave 10/10 because how impressed I was with it.  Other highlight in the film industry for me will be Eddie Redmayne won an oscar for his performance in The Theory of Everything.  I was so happy, I don't think I ever rooted for an actor that much before, mainly because his performance in that movie was amazing.

So, tomorrow is a new beginning for everyone.  New year, new hopes and many more.  It's a little weird to know that my friends and family back home will enter 2016 a few hours earlier than me, but nevertheless, wherever you are, I wish you all a marvellous and fabulous 2016 ahead.  May all of you will be blessed with more happiness and success in this coming new year.  Have a great year ahead everyone.  I will see you next year!  ;)


No comments: