Friday, July 08, 2016

Now You See Me 2

Hi everyone.  It's the first week of Eid this week, so, happy Eid to all Muslims that are celebrating.  I hope you've had a great one so far ^_^  Anyway, I just came back from watching Now You See Me 2 in the cinema.  I know in a lot of places around the world, this movie came out in June, but for some reason it came out in the UK just recently.  You think this is bad?  I'm still waiting for Finding Dory to come out and the rest of the world probably has seen it =_=|| Well, better late than never I guess.  Anyway, back to the topic...I love Now You See Me, I thought the plot was set out brilliantly and blew my mind away.  So, I was definitely nervous about the sequel because all I can think about is how the hell are they going to top the brilliance of the first one, or at least make it equally good.  When you have a sequel from a movie that good, you can't help but to have high expectation, it's like a curse of a sequel or prequel even.

So, I went to the cinema, with all these expectations of genius way of laying out the plot, with cool plot twist and some cool smart tricks...and guess what?  I was not disappointed.  My goodness, I am always happy when the sequel can live up to the expectation.  Halfway through the movie I was already thinking how cool the movie was and I still wasn't aware to what was going on in the plot.  I admit, the plot twist about Morgan Freeman's character, Thaddeus Bradley, was kind of expected.  I kind of can already tell what's the plot going to be like for him.  Also, it is nice to see Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) being more in action in this one.  As for Lula, the new addition to the team, is a pretty nice addition.  Now, I know that a lot of people think the hypnotism part of the film is absolutely absurd, and I kind of agree, I can see how some people think that spoils it because we have all these cool tricks that blew your mind when being revealed how it was achieved, and then suddenly there's hypnotism, which is not as mind blown as the other tricks.  Then again, this film is not about realism, it's a film about magic acts and mentalism is kind of part of magic act either you like it or not.  I don't really understand the logic or concept behind mentalism or hypnotism but I will not rule out the possibility of it being achievable in real life.  

Hypnotism or not, I still enjoyed Now You See Me 2 just as much as I enjoyed the first one (okay, maybe I like the first one better because it's more mind blowing to me).  Daniel Radcliffe managed to be the bad dude without looking like a bad dude, so that's interesting.  I think the music is really great, it fits the movie really well, good job to Brian Tyler and his team for that.  Will I recommend this movie?  Absolutely, especially if you have seen the first one.  For a better satisfaction, I would definitely recommend watching the first one so that you at least be able to relate everything and just indulge yourself even more in the satisfaction of the genius of the plot.  If I am to rate this movie from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, I will give this movie 8/10 ^_^  Until next time, toodles~

*image taken from Google Image

No comments: